PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Curtains

We moved into our house  in 2005 and curtains were the last thing on my mind.   I just wasn’t sure what I wanted and plus they can be really expensive.

020IMG_0066

I decided right after Christmas, that I was going to get some curtains and finish my living room up.  I have thought about making some, but I’m  not really good with the sewing machine.  I finally found some that I liked, and ordered them.   I was wanting  color and a pattern, since there really is not much color in the living room.

IMG_0091

Well they came in and I LOVED them, but only one thing.  They were over a foot too short.   What was I thinking!  I knew I needed the 96 inches, but for some Stupid reason I ordered the 84 inch ones.  Ok so No biggie, I will send them back and get the correct ones, well guess what 84 is as long as they have.  Now I'm feeling really dumb because I had been talking about the 96 inch curtains with my husband, and Krisitn, and even looking online at the sites that sell LONG CURTAINS.  But NO I go and order 84.  So I have 2 choices.  1. Send them back and find something else or 2. Add to them. HMMMM  well I can’t sew, but Kristin assures me that I don’t have to sew them, I can iron bond them.  So I head to the fabric store to find some fabric,  knowing that I wouldn’t find the same fabric as my curtains.  The lady at Hobby Lobby helped me find a neutral fabric that would match my curtains.   And it was time to get busy!

    IMG_0059

  I had to measure the curtains and then determine how much to add, plus a hem.  Before I ironed them on for good, I pinned them all first.  I wanted to make sure they were the right length.  Then I took them all down AGAIN and ironed them together.  Then re hung them babies!

IMG_0073IMG_0072

Please only look at the curtains in these pictures, not the mess every where else.  The mantle is one of my next projects.

IMG_0096

I really love how my curtains turned out!

046

As I was taking pictures around the living room, I spotted a frog in my plant.  haha  I was thinking what the heck is that.   This little boy looks pretty suspicious. 

062053

And this shall be my next project.

064

Camie

Linking up here!

Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment