PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 12, 2011

How do you help change a life of a child

 

We are all lost in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and I am guilty of it too.  Wondering how to get everything the kids want but don’t really need.  I got a reality check today when I got home from work and it made me stop and take a deep breath and cry. 

I had every intention to sit down tonight and blog about my cute blingy Christmas mantle and how cute I was wrapping my presents this year, but my daughter Hannah was busy doing something else that made me stop in my tracks.  She was busy trying to figure out a way to help a family stay together in a terrible tragedy.

Indulge me for a minute as I give you a little history.  My daughter dated a boy named Jake for a short amount of time.  He is a great kid and they have stayed friends.  He and his younger brother moved here from a small town in Texas because his father had passed away from cancer after he had already lost his mother.  The boys moved in with their grandmother and a year later she died from breast cancer.  The boys then moved here to live with their uncle and a few weeks ago he died from lung cancer!!!  The aunt has two girls of her own and can’t afford to raise the boys without her husband.

How is it possible that I am worried about how to make my presents cute this year when these boys have now lost another family member and won’t even have a Christmas? How is it possible that this is their path?  How do I help as one person?  Where do you even begin?  My heart aches for these children, losing everyone they love.  Christmas seems so meaningless when there is a friend of my child's that has nothing and is wondering where he will even be living. Christmas is about giving so I have a lot to think about how my small family can make a big difference for this family in need.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment