PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas ornament wreath

Ok!  It’s time.  I have been wanting to post this for over a month, but thought I should wait till at least Halloween was over.  Last year I found the coolest ornament wreaths online and wanted to make one.  Since I didn’t have time before Christmas, I decided my goal would be to collect ornaments after Christmas for cheap and then start it in June of July and have it done by Christmas 2011.  Well I did it, and I LOVE it.  By far the coolest wreath I have done.  (and actually hope it gets pinned one pinterest) haha 

 

This is what I started with, and decided to wrap strips of felt around the wreath.  I didn’t want to take the plastic off the wreath, but I was afraid the hot glue would melt it.  So who knows if it made any difference!

photoa

 

I did not have a pattern, or certain colors picked out to use.  I used foam balls, plastic balls, and a few glass balls.  Pretty much whatever I could find.  First I wrapped some ribbon around the wreath, so it would be ready to hang.  Then I started gluing in the inside of the wreath and then putting them on the outside.

001 (2)

 

I then started filling in the gaps and had to go to smaller ornaments.

006

I used A LOT of balls, I'm not exactly sure how many, but did have to take a couple trips to Hobby Lobby for more.

034I

I pretty much think my wreath rocks, and can not wait to hang it on my mirror above my fireplace.

039

 

I'm so ready to decorate for Christmas.  When do you start decorating???

 

 

I'm linking up here!

Link Partylook-what-i-made

lil luna link party button HookinupwithHoHnew2[1] Totally Tutorials Tuesday

17 comments:

  1. This looks SO awesome and very festive, I’m book-marking this to make later! I found you via “Lil’ Luna Link Party”. I’m your newest follower and would love a “follow back”!

    Have a great week,

    Jillian @ www.foodfolksandfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ladies! You have some great stuff on your blog Jillian. Would love to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing me how you made yours- I'm debating whether or not to make one of these. I love how they look, but I already have three holiday wreaths! Ha!

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog- have a great week!

    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you at Creations by Kara. LOVE your wreath and want to make one. Did you hot glue or regular glue? Did you have to hold the balls in place for a while as the glue dried?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Valerie, I have a few wreaths myself. My husband asked me where I plan on putting this one. ;) Jennifer- I used Hot Glue and a lot of it. I pulled off the tops to every ornament and held in place long enough for it to not roll off. I kinda randomly put the balls all over. Good Luck if you make one, and I would love o see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome and very festive i love Christmas stuff:)

    Handmade canvas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wreath does rock!
    Kelly @ EclecticallyVintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Thanks for the tutorial.... it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have wanted to make one of these for some time now. Yours turned out absolutely AMAZING! LOVE it!

    Thanks for linking to Totally Tutorial Tuesday.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome so I featured you at my Hookin Up with HoH Party!

    Feel free to stop by for a button if you'd like. :)

    xoxo

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH!!! It's so fantastic!! I LOVE all the different styles you used! It's seriously great!! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a super fun wreath! I love the mix of ornaments you were able to use.
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been featured on Totally Tutorials Tuesday. http://measuredbytheheart.com/2011/11/fun-feature-friday-1118.html
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting to be featured in these amazing blogs. Maybe I should link up more often. ha :) Thanks again.

    Camie

    ReplyDelete